The Bilateral Marine Sciences 2015-2020 Program that brings together experts and
students from three Universities namely University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Stockholm University (SU) and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) is a Sida-funded sub-programme. For the 2019/20 duration, the Programme has fourscholarship positions for postdoc studies. Selected applicants will conduct their research mainly in Tanzania with 3-4 months visit at partner University units in Sweden in the area of mariculture and climate change. The scholarship shall last for one year July 2019 – June 2020. Upon securing additional funding, successful candidates total time spent in postdoctoral studies including extensions shall not exceed two (2) years.
1. The core research themes will be:
• Improving tilapia broodstock for sustainable fingerling production;
• Development of high quality low cost fish feed: Tilapia, African pompano;
• Marine ecosystem services: climate compensation capacity;
2. Key Qualifications
• Ph.D. in Marine Sciences, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Plant Physiology or related
• The scholarship is intended for developing UDSM staff, but also other potential University staff candidates may apply;
• Evidence of scientific publication from which at least one publication is from the PhD work;
• Not more than three years since completion of PhD;
• Not more than 50 years of age;
• Candidate must be able to communicate clearly in both written documents and oral presentations;
• The candidate must work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds and have the ability to make independent decisions about research directions, while maintaining regular communication with team members and the PI.
Allowance A reasonable good allowance will be provided.
For more details Download or View PDF FILE below:-
Send a CV, concept note of three pages explaining details of your research area, cover
letter addressed to the Chairperson of the BMSP and Director of the IMS, and letters from three referees to the Program Principal Investigator, Dr. Matern Mtolera firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 20th June 2019.